Log in

No account? Create an account
December 2006   01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Easton - Blues


Posted by ky_whitney on 2006.05.13 at 11:24
Tim signed over the title to the '94 Buick that we have. It costs either $400 to pay the bill at the shop or $200 to sell it to the owner. Kevin and I originally discussed paying the bill and turning around and selling it. Then, we talked about selling my broken down '93 Lumina. Together we should get at least $1500.

We never discussed what we should do with the money. He just throws it out there that he is going to pay his back child support with it! Ha! I flipped out.

I am sorry, I will be the first one to admit that custodial parents need money. In my opinion, he has him three days, she has him 4, he shouldn't pay. If Tim had Easton that much, I wouldn't expect him to pay. I think in the state of MI once custody is decided, that there are so many days out of the year you have to see your child in order to not pay.

Still, he is $900 in the rearage. I don't really feel that bad for Liz. She makes $12 per hour, lives in subsidized housing and pays $200 for rent, and after her bills she has an extra $1000. She blows her money left and right too. Hense the reason she is so 'poor'...

I said that I am uncomfortable with it. It is like my cars are going to her spending problem. Doesn't everyone think if she got one large sum of money that she would just go blow it and not spend it on Trent??

I told him I would prefer it go to the trailer and that he pays her an extra $100 per month for child support. Maybe than, the money will go to Trent.


Happiness Goes On
taintdblush at 2006-05-13 17:01 (UTC) (Link)
I agree with you. Why take away from your needs to give her a lump of money to blow? If she actually got responsible and took care of things, it wouldn't be such a big deal having a support in order, especially with how the child is being shared. Maybe he should only be paying her for 4 days a month??!?!?!?!
Whitney Lynn
ky_whitney at 2006-05-13 17:33 (UTC) (Link)
Thats what I dont get. She has an extra $1000 per month. I could live off of $1000 per month. She just gets to blow it.

What she doesn't understand is that child support isnt to fully support the child. It isnt JUST the non-custodial parents responsibily to provide money for the child. It should be 50/50 or so. She wants his money so she can use only that on Trent and use her extra money on her.

People shouldn't breed without IQ tests!
Diana Suzanne
suzabelle7 at 2006-05-14 00:12 (UTC) (Link)
Um, have you guys gotten your tax return(s) yet?

Because if he owed anything in arears, they'll take that huge chunk out of his tax return. At least, that's what happened to SO several years back, when he owed $1100 (from when they first split, before there was an official custody thing through FOC, who didn't care that he produced receipts, etc, for things like the house payment, utilities, the kids' school lunch bill, children's clothes, shoes, doctor bills, etc)

So, if you haven't gotten tax returns yet, I'd wait and see what happens with that. Otherwise, yeah, an extra $100 a month would be much better.

Oh yeah, we live in MI, too, so the same laws that applied to us will apply to you
The Harbinger of Death
devilgrrl at 2006-05-14 05:53 (UTC) (Link)
If you think she's mismanaging the money or not spending it on the kid, you can ask for her to provide an itemized list of where the money went and you can also ask that any excess child support be put into a savings account for him, with monthly statements sent to your DH and justifications for any withdrawals.

Oh, and if you sell your car, you should decide what to do with the money.
Previous Entry  Next Entry